RRI services offered to companies
Educational services in the field of psychological aspects of ICT use and other R&D activities.
Education offered to companies
– To get acquainted with different aspects of psychological processes in the use of ICT,
– Participants will be able to better plan different strategies realted to virtual work and the use of internet in their firms,
– To include findings on psychological aspects of the use of ICT in their work,
– Design work activities based on psychological findings in the field of online work.
– Online interaction: How do we enter computer-mediated communication and do we really change while using it?
– Group dynamics in virtual space: Are virtual workgroups more or less effective than traditional ones?
– Digital footprints: What does the web know about us and how useful is this kind of data? An example of psychologically targeted strategies i.e. targeting
– The web as a source of information: What are the main drawbacks and opportunities?
– Adoption of new technology: In which cases and why can the general public be reluctant to adopt new technological solutions?
- Duration: 1 Day
- Who is this training designed for: leaders at different levels, planners and developers, R&D specialists, marketing
- Organizer: Faculty of Arts, UM
- Lecturers: Members and participants of the Department of Psychology – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bojan Musil, Assistant Professor Dr. Nenad Čuš Babič, Assistant Nejc Plohl
- Note: No prior knowledge required
Past cooperation with companies in the field of digitalization
- MARGENTO R&D, company for R&D of electronic payments and transaction solutions, d. o. o.
- KIVI COM, computer, manufacturing and trade company d.o.o.
Successful projects in collaboration with companies
Project »ERITPRO – Evaluation of existing and development of new IT solutions in public passenger transport – analysis of various aspects of user experience«
Carried out in 2017 within the ‘On the creative path to practical knowledge’ project (Ministry of Education, Science and Sport; Public scholarship, development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia, co-financed by the European Social Fund of the European Union) in cooperation with the University of Maribor and MARGENTO R&D, a company for R&D of electronic payments and transaction solutions.The main aim of the project was to uncover the reasons behind the more widespread use of Ubrana contactless cards as opposed to the Urbana mobile application among passangers using the Ljubljana public transport.
Project »VTDAgile – The impact of technical debt management on projects of agile development of online information solutions«
Carried out in 2019 within the ”On the creative path to practical knowledge’ project (Ministry of Education, Science and Sport; Public scholarship, development, Disability and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia, co-financed by the European Social Fund of the European Union) in cooperation with the University of Maribor and KIVI COM, a computer, manufacturing and trade company. In the course of the project, we reviewed existing practices and guidelines for technical debt management, established mechanisms for measuring existing but unwritten technical debt, raised awareness among the developers and provided them with a tool which facilitates the decision-making process surrounding the introduction or elimination of new technical debt. We investigated whether the awareness of technical debt can lead to a more responsible decision-making associated with inconsistencies that are or will be built into the software.
Other current projects
- VTDAgile – The impact of technical debt management within agile web development solution development projects
- PIKT.UM – Pedagogical ICT at UM
- ERITPRO – Evaluation of existing and development of new IT solutions in public transport – analysis of various aspects of the user experience
- Musil B., Preglej A., Ropert T., Klasinc L. in Čuš Babič N. (2017): What Is seen Is who you are : are cues in selfie pictures related to personality characteristics?
- Čuš Babič N., Ropert T. in Musil B. (2018): Revealing faces : gender and cultural differences in facial prominence of selfies
- Musil B. (2018): Big data in social sciences and psychology : problems and prospects.
- Plohl N. in Musil N. (2018): Is psychological targeting a useful approach to social marketing? : the effects on cognitive outcomes as well as attitudes, perceived behavioral control, and behavioral intention.
- Musil B., Gartner S., Pesek I. in Krašna M. (2014): ICT competences assessment through ICT escape room.
Interested in a cooperation?
Fill out the form and we will connect you.