- Agricultural Institute of Slovenia
- National Institute of Biology
- Jožef Stefan Institute
- National Institute of Chemistry
- University Medical Centre Ljubljana
- University of Ljubljana
- University of Maribor
ELIXIR is an inter-governmental organisation which builds on existing data resources and services within Europe. Governments and ministries of countries are members of the ELIXIR consortium, and the scientific community in each member country develops their national Node.
ELIXIR Slovenia (ELIXIR-SI) is a Slovenian node of ELIXIR coordinated by University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine. ELIXIR-SI members are Slovenian research organizations who signed the National Node Consortium Agreement. ELIXIR-SI is actively upgrading the existing and is establishing new infrastructure in the Slovenian research area through three pillars:
- national infrastructure for obtaining high-density data with high-throughput laboratory technologies (genomic technologies),
- a central national data node for life sciences and
- center for education and training in life sciences (usage of bioinformatic tools, analysis and services).
The upgrade is funded by European Regional Development Fund and the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports and is expected to be finished in mid 2021.